Just flew to London on Air New Zealand with the family -- I tell you, the only way to go (certainly over any U.S. carrier). Why? Here are just some reasons:
(1) flight attendants who genuinely take an interest in your well-being
(2) excellent individual multi-media programming for all (even in coach) -- have never seen anything like it before on any U.S. carriers -- scores of movies on demand for free, as just one example
(3) large seat back monitors -- again, never seen anything like it before on any U.S. carriers
(4) good food! (yes, it is possible)
(5) new plane -- lots of leg room -- very clean!
The only way to fly!