Sunday, December 10, 2006

Blog Tag -- My Turn

Jeff Pulver started it, Andy Abramson was next, and he tagged me -- so here it is: 5 things people may not know about me (no promises that this will interest anyone, but I wanted to live up to my end of the bargain and be the good VVoIP/VoIP citizen!):

(1) I began my career as an entertainment attorney (this fact is known by some) and one of my first clients was the gangsta rap group N.W.A. and the label Ruthless Records (this fact is not known by many); in fact, Jerry Heller, N.W.A.'s manager and Head of Ruthless Records, is tangentially"responsible" for meeting my wife, Luisa, at Mezzaluna Cafe in Beverly Hills in 1993 (the best thing that had ever happened to me, by the way) ... long story, which I will share over drinks at a cocktail party as suggested by Jeff Pulver;

(2) Music is my passion and is a theme that runs throughout my life -- whether I was reading "Rolling Stone" magazine as a suburban kid in Golden Valley, Minnesota, or throughout my career -- first, as an entertainment attorney (N.W.A., Madonna, and others were clients); second, at Universal Studios (music, among other content, flowed through the themed experiences on which I worked); third, at Musicmatch of course (we truly were pioneers in the digital music/media game); and now, on the Board of Directors of Digital Music Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DMGI, a pioneering digital media content aggregator) and at SightSpeed (though the connection here may not seem obvious to some, we offer media companies and artists revolutionary ways to reach out to their viewers and fans -- and we are doing it today)

(3) One of my favorite ways to relax is to toss a football -- on the beach, in the street, anywhere -- I can do this for hours (and can throw the ball a long way, if I do say so myself ...)

(3b) ... my wife insists that I add this one ... I never understood why dogs meant so much to people until she forced me to get one when we first met ... soon thereafter we got another one ... and they remain with us today (both are over 13 now) ... now I get it

NOW TO THE DEEP STUFF .... (forgive me, but it is the holiday season and year-end ...)

(4) family is everything to me and what IT is all about ultimately -- my "two cent" philosophy

(5) my hero is my father -- an amazing man who suffered much, overcame more, and was extremely kind, generous, humble, and talented; his legacy (together with my wonderful mother) is (4) above; though my father ran a company, he never missed any of my crazy activities (t-ball, little league, concerts, plays ....)

I am now tagging Luca Filigheddu, Jon Arnold, Dameon Welch-Abernathy (Phoneboy), Leanne Tremblay (VoIPGirl), and Peter Zottolo (The SightSpeed Guy) -- keep the string going ... let's see where it leads!

5 comments:

the sightspeed guy said...

All right, Peter: You asked for it! :)

Maya said...

Great post. Would like to personally thank you for a) SightSpeed b) the SightSpeed guy. Pete's a good egg. I think I'll go make a video. With much appreciation.

Jeffrey said...

Jerry Heller, will be speaking at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Dec. 20th. Drop by and say hello :)

Best
JP

Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude! That explains it.

Anonymous said...

It was and with me. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

ShareThis